Teledyne CARIS is the world’s leading developer of geospatial software for ocean mapping and marine information systems with its headquarters in Fredericton, Canada. We offer an integrated suite of software that specializes in processing sonar data, managing and analyzing large data sets, producing charts and maps, and serving data over the internet. Our software is used by government agencies, military organizations, commercial survey companies, and the research and academic community.
Our EMEA office, located in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands, is servicing clients in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. With a team of 20 people we execute sales and marketing activities in the region and provide support, training, consultancy and other services to our many international clients either in the office or on-site.
For this team we are seeking an experienced and motivated Technical Support Consultant / Hydrographic Survey Engineer. You will be playing a key role in a dynamic international team, working together on high level spatial problem solving and assurance of customer satisfaction.
In this role you will:
- Work within the Support & Training department as a Technical Support Consultant in the field of hydrographic data processing, digital terrain modelling, bathymetric data management engineering analysis and related areas;
- Provide support via the online HelpDesk system, email or phone to our clients;
- Provide software training in the Netherlands office as well as at client sites throughout the EMEA region and possibly beyond;
- Build close working relationships with existing clients;
- Analyze current client systems and issues, identify technical problems, formulate and demonstrate integrated solutions;
- Exude confidence and provide formal professional presentations;
- Use and build industry knowledge to discover new potential clients, opportunities and markets;
- Provide onsite support for Teledyne CARIS users;
- Have the potential to be involved in marketing and sales activities of Teledyne CARIS EMEA, including attending international conferences and exhibitions;
- Provide onsite consultancy, once fully experienced within this role.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a degree in Hydrography, Geomatics or a related Ocean Science or Geoscience discipline;
- Alternatively, have relevant employment history in hydrographic surveying of minimum 2 years;
- Be willing to travel frequently to other countries throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East;
- Be fluent in English and a second language (Italian, Spanish, German, French or Dutch – others might also be considered);
- Have the capability of conducting high level consultancy and training;
- Be a highly organized and flexible, capable of adapting rapidly to changes in technology;
- Have strong social, inter-cultural and communicative skills.
It will be advantageous in this role, if you have:
- Knowledge of and working experience with hydrographic processing software, especially using the CARIS line of products;
- Experience with and knowledge of bathymetric and/or terrestrial LiDAR system;
- Knowledge and working experience with RDBMS packages (Oracle / PostgreSQL);
- Knowledge of scripting (python) / API programming
To express your interest in this role, please direct your CV and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Hydrographic Survey Engineer - 6302 in the subject line.