To help support the day to day IT activities we are currently seeking an IT Support Engineer reporting to the IT Management Team. The position will work with Teledyne employees across the globe as well as close interaction with the IT Shared Services Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure 24/7 operation and remote access for customer business critical systems.
- Onsite Support – The position will be based out of our Fredericton, New Brunswick location, however will also be responsible for IT support for our other DALSA locations. Some travel between other Teledyne locations may be a requirement for this position as well as working as part of a virtual team to provide customer support, troubleshoot and resolve IT incidents and requests (tickets), and escalate un-resolved tickets and follow up through completion on the tickets.
- Customer Service – The position will be responsible for interfacing directly with the Teledyne employees who have IT problems. This will be done in person, via phone and various forms of written communication (e.g. email, ticketing system and instant messaging).
- Troubleshooting / resolution – The position will be responsible for trouble shooting and resolving all IT “tickets” (i.e. incidents and requests) received from the IT Help Desk. The tickets will be span all areas of IT (e.g. general PC issues, local printer issues, mobile phone requests, system access, application issues, data base issues, server issues, network issues, security issues, virus detection, etc).
- Assignment and Escalation – The position will be responsible for escalating IT “tickets” (i.e. incidents and requests) to the appropriate IT team (e.g. IT infrastructure, application team, security team) if he/she is not able to resolve the ticket. During assignment and escalation, the position will be responsible for communicating with both the client and the technical team to which the ticket has been assigned.
- Project Assignments – The position will periodically be assigned project work in parallel with support responsibilities. Typical projects could include computer upgrade deployments, server/applications/vendor implementation support, facility moves, etc.
- The position requires on call IT services on 24x7 on a rotating basis.
One of the following Qualifications is mandatory.
- Computer Studies & Information Technology Program related discipline.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST).
- CompTIA A++
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- The role would suit an experienced IT support person or recent graduate with good all-round knowledge of IT in particular MS OS and applications. Candidates must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work unsupervised for the majority of their time.
- Ability to travel to DALSA sites globally
- Full Driving License: Mandatory
Interested applicants should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include reference: "IT Support Engineer within the subject line.